Personal data processing consents
From time to time we may wish to contact someone (“you”) to send you information. To do so we may need to process personal data about you. Please go to our subscription centre at https://hb.cdn.net/index.php?/clientarea/ to provide us with your consent, or update your preferences, about how we may do so.
What personal data we collect
We do not knowingly collect or otherwise process sensitive data or data about persons under the age of 13. Subject to that, we may collect the following personal data:
- name and job title;
- work address
- IP address;
- contact information including telephone number and email address and for other communication channels, such as messaging systems and social media (for example, Skype, or Twitter)
How we collect personal data
The ways we collect personal data may change from time to time as notified by updates to this policy. We may collect the personal data described above in a number of ways:
- when you visit our Dashboard portals for your OnApp products;
- when you visit our websites (and their subdomains) at www.onapp.com, www2.onapp.com, www.solusvm.com, www.soluslabs.com, www.cdn.net, tryonapp.com and cloud.net, and the landing pages of marketing campaigns that we may create and run from time to time;
- when you download a white paper available or other digital content from our website;
- when we receive business cards, emails and other documents from individuals containing such data;
- when you communicate with us so that we can make you a proposal or enter into a contract for our products/services either with us or one of our partners;
- when you respond to marketing campaigns;
- sometimes we purchase it from third parties; such personal data falls into the same categories as those set out above in the section “What personal data we collect”.
How we process the personal data that we collect
We use the personal data that we collect to:
- Keep internal records about our business, customers, suppliers, contractors, partners and prospects;
- Provide and improve our products and services including customer support and service delivery;
- Publish to you thought leadership, market intelligence, new products developments, offers and similar marketing information;
- Offer relevant information about the products/services of OnApp and selected partners, which may be of interest;
- Work with our channel partners to bring our products and services to other markets or to develop, market and sell alterative products and services that make use of ours;
- Enable our subcontractors to support us in the delivery of our products and services;
- Perform other necessary functions related to the performance of contracts we enter into such as managing subscriptions, running a support desk or running credit checks;
- Enable our professional advisors to support us in the conduct our business;
- Conduct market research by contacting you by email, chats, text, phone, or mail;
- Customise the content of our websites according to your role and page views;
- Obtain products and services from OnApp suppliers.
Transfer of personal data to third parties
We will never sell personal data to third parties. However, we may need to provide personal data we have collected to our partners, subcontractors, agents and suppliers to enable them to support us in the fulfilment of our contractual obligations or in the ordinary conduct of our business.
Such transfers may include transfers to to our subsidiaries OnApp Inc and OnApp Sdn Bhd, located in the USA and Malaysia respectively. We may also use other individual contractors in third countries. Wherever we transfer personal data to a third country we do so within the European Union or, if outside the European Union, only under safeguards adequately protective of that personal data according to applicable law and regulation, for example, by use of legally binding data processing agreements, or an approved Privacy Shield.
How long we keep personal data
As a general rule we keep personal data only for so long as is reasonably necessary bearing in mind OnApp’s legitimate interests in processing it. In nearly all cases this will be a minimum of six years to enable us to comply with statutory record keeping purposes.
Controlling your personal information
Even though you may have consented to the use of your personal data in certain ways you can change the permissions or you can withdraw your consent to personal data processing by OnApp Limited at any time, by visiting http://staging.cdn.net/contact/. You also have certain other legal rights in respect of your personal data including the right to have access to it, rectify it, erase it, restrict processing of it, and move it. To exercise one or more of these rights please contact email@example.com. In the event you have a concern or complaint about our processing of your personal data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to complain to the UK’s Information Commissioner at https://ico.org.uk.